Regulation of Open Source Education and Development Association Membership
There are 3 type of membership
- An ordinary member, who is an individual with interest in computer technology, or an individual with a profession in computer-related areas who has registered as an ordinary member of the association and has later been granted membership of the association, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the association.
- A juristic person member, which is an institution, an association, a government agency or a private company which has registered as a juristic person member of the association and has later been granted membership of the association, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the association. Three persons representing each entity will acquire the rights and benefits, and this list of persons is changeable anytime.
- An honorary member, who is an honored member or a patron of the association and has been appointed as an honorary member by the committee of the association.
- There are no restrictions on sex or age.
- A member must have the enthusiasm in open-source software development.
- A member must be a socially accepted person with good manners.
- A member must have never been declared by the supreme court to be a bankrupt, or an incompetent or quasi-incompetent person. Also a member must have no prior history of imprisonment, with an exception in the case of light punishment and/or disdain. The juridical order in such specific cases have to made during the process of registration or while being an association member.
- Individual Lifetime Membership Fee 1,500 THB (annually)
- Old members or those whose annual individual membership has expired can apply for Lifetime Membership for only 1,000 THB
- Members who apply for Lifetime Membership in the amount of 3,000 THB can give one of their friends a Lifetime Membership for free
The documents required for membership application:
- A membership application form (ordinary member type)
- A hard copy of the ID card
Juristic person members
- For a small-size organization (an authorized capital less than 5 million Baht), the annual membership fee is 5,000 Baht annually.
- For a large-size organization (an authorized capital of 5 million Baht or more), the annual membership fee is 15,000 Baht annually.
The documents required for membership application:
- A membership application form (organization type)
- A hard copy of each of the three representatives’ ID cards
- The organization’s statement of authorized capital
Rights and Duties of Members
- A member must preserve the benefits and honor of the association and support the activities of the association. Fees and other charges must be paid regularly as stipulated by the rules of the association.
- A member may suggest useful comments regarding the conduct and activities of the association.
- A member has the right to privileges and welfares provided by the association, including discounts and benefits from participating in the activities.
- A member can attend the general conference of the association.
- A member can vote or run for election, or be appointed as an association committee.
- A member may request an audition of the association.
- Only members who have made payments for not less than consecutive 3 years can form a group of at least 30 persons in order to ask for the organization of an extraordinary general meeting by submitting a formal request to the association executive. The submitted letter must clearly indicate which topics to be considered. When approved, the revision and requests must be proceeded within 30 days from the day of submission.
- A member must strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the association.
- A member must cooperate and support the activities of the association.
- A member must attend the activities of the association.
- A member must help promote the reputation of the association.
An ordinary member
- A member will be given discounts for goods and services of partner companies, such as discounts in courses, textbooks or hosting.
- A member will receive newsletters and announcements about the open-source related issues from the association.
- A member may attend the activities organized by the association, such seminars, classroom or developer meetings.
A juristic person member
A juristic person member acquires all benefits acquired by ordinary members. Furthermore:
- It will be given discounts for seminars or classroom meetings within the company. The association will be responsible for organizing the activities and providing experts, professional trainers or lecturers for each activity.
- It will be given the benefit of legal counseling in the field of information technology or copyright infringement, with special discounts.
- It will be given the benefit of counseling with the developer network in the matter of consultation or services provided by the network.
- Its organization name will be displayed on the association’s website. Also, it will be given the right to display the association’s logos or emblems in its organization website as as an assurance of guaranteed membership.
- It will be given the benefit of showcasing its company and services in the trade fairs organized by the association.
How to apply for and renew membership
- By downloading a membership application/membership renewal form
- By bank wire transfer
- Bank account: Open Source Education and Development Association
- Bank: Kasikorn Bank, Rama 9 Branch
- Account No.: 713-2-43715-1
- By email
Send the related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sender’s email must match that in the application form. Related documents are:
- A bank transfer slip
- A membership application form
- A hard copy of the ID card certified by the owner
- The statement of authorized capital (only for an organization)